Skip to content

Elm's Coin Flip Experiment


Thank you for participating in this cognitive experiment, which will hopefully give us a greater understanding of how people make decisions under uncertainty. In this experiment, you’ll start with $25 to play our coin-flipping game for 10 minutes.

The coin in question isn’t a standard quarter, though:
we’ve programmed it to have a 60% chance of coming up heads, and a 40% chance of coming up tails.

You can bet any amount of money in your balance (but not more) on heads or tails on each flip. If your balance goes to $0, it’s game over!

Know that any personal information given will be kept confidential. For more on Elm’s Privacy Policy, please click here. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at

Thank you very much for your participation, and good luck!